Travel | Cats of Thailand

Thailant, Temples, Wat Arun
'Cats' and 'Thailand' are two separate nouns that I have never thought would be worthy of a blog post but here I am, making the unlikely happen.

After travelling around Bangkok for a few days, I became fond of these feline friends that roam freely amongst the Gods. They are easily missed amongst the magnificent structures and architectures at the different temples but surely enough they will appear like a passing shower. Weirdly enough seeing them gave me a sense of familiarity and my inner animal lover was eager to stroke the little ball of fluff. A ginger tabby sleeping serenely in the corner tucked away enjoying the peace and calm. Something so small gave me so much joy that day that I would often find myself eagerly showing other travellers this picture I took. 

Another temple that I  had also visited had a whole cat gang of 8 that stride confidently in their hood- also know as the women's toilet. It was a comical memory, when I heard screeches coming from the cubicles from unsuspecting users when suddenly a cat may squeeze themselves in to say hi. They were all super friendly and happy to be stroked by everyone and it made it easy to bond with other traveller even for a few minutes. 

Lastly, one very important thing that I have neglected to mention throughout this short post is that I'm allergic to cats. Ok. Bye. 

No comments